We have been looking at the setting in the film Mean Creek and how the director, Jacob Aaron Estes uses setting as an aspect of film to convey an important idea. As the characters journey down the river (the setting), the characters change (the idea - "coming of age").
Question: Describe at least one important setting in the text. Explain how the setting helped you understand a significant idea in the text, supporting your points with visual and/or oral language features.
1) Discuss in your groups what is an important idea in the movie Mean Creek that the setting conveys.
2) Once you have settled on what you think is the most important idea that setting conveys, use this as the start of a brainstorm. How many examples/evidence of this can be seen throughout the movie.
3) After your brainstorm will you will able to identify your three main points.
4) Use these points as the beginnings of your body paragraphs (one per person)
5) As a group, you will also need to construct an introduction and a conclusion.
Below is the 'magic sentence' formula sheet I showed you on the projector during class. It is the last page of the document.
You will hand-in your group response during Monday's class.